MI Data and Reporting Analyst
Closing Date: 1 August 2022
We are looking to employ a MI Data and Reporting Analyst to join our IT department. Working closely with the Head of IT Operations responsible for designing, implementing and distributing management information both internally and externally, from our bespoke ERP solution.
Reports to: Head of IT Operations.
Location: Old Dalby, Leicestershire Head Office
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create new reports from scratch and make necessary changes to existing reports to either maintain or enhance output.
- Handling ad-hoc requests for database information from business IT users at all levels, and customers.
- Help to develop and improve our reporting suite, which comprises management information reports, service reporting and dashboards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all business activities and how each department interacts with the database.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of database and our bespoke ERP solution.
- Working closely with the IT team to support the business operation.
- SQL – writing and troubleshooting queries involving complex joins, functions, aggregations, subqueries, stored procedures etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server and SSMS.
- Query optimisation and database tuning.
- Microsoft Excel and VBA.
- High levels of accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven analytical ability, aptitude for problem solving; excellent mathematical and logical reasoning.
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Excellent communication, team working and people skills.
- Experience of VB.NET would be advantageous.