Warehouse Shift Team Leader – Milton Keynes
Shift 14:00 – 22:00
Closing Date: Open
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Shift Manager, the successful candidate will directly manage a team of a warehouse operatives to ensure the cost effectiveness, efficiency, and service standards of the site operation
You will play a vital part in shaping the business along with the culture and approach of the management and supporting and developing the team through leading, coaching, and communicating.
Salary dependent upon experience
Location: Milton Keynes MK5 8HL
- The safe operation of warehousing activities across the site ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation and safe systems of work in line with company policy and HSE legislation.
- Deliver service to the customers of RBC Group, from the site, ensuring that key daily customer loading of vehicles and warehouse functions are achieved and exceeded.
- Oversee employee relations and promote the development of a positive, co-operative and mutually supportive working culture amongst all employees.
- Ability to learn new systems of work to ensure business coverage as required.
- Daily interface with RBC drivers, monitoring returns, delivery paperwork and MHE
- Training, motivating and developing the team, so that they deliver the required levels of customer service, through each warehouse function
- Assist the team in vehicle loading as per the daily loading plan
- Liaising with customers (both internal and external)
- Manage the Industrial Relations of the Milton Keynes operation in all aspects, including Disciplinary and Appraisal; Training and staff development, Company sickness and absence.
- Support the update of bespoke Excel reports in a timely manner, ensuring accurate visibility by update, and status against customer requirements
- Organise and / or attend meetings to support the Business as required.
- Manage relations with the suppliers of agency staff, MHE, facilities.
- Build proactive relationships with internal departments (including planning, transport, Customer Service Team, HR, Senior Management)
Key requirements for this role
- Warehouse management experience
- Experienced in Warehouse and Transport operations
- Experience in managing employee and customer relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Excel and email
- People/Team management experience
- Ability to present and communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and influencing skills
- Team working and customer focussed positive attitude.
- FLT Counterbalance certified – preferred but not essential as training can be given